Signing up for notifications in Businessmap allows you to keep track of your team's activities and your own work activities in the system. Users can get notifications for various events.
For example, a user can be notified whenever a card/subtask is assigned to them; when a card on a certain board gets blocked; when a card is moved, etc.
Important: Notifications are a personal setting and are configured for each individual board that the user is a member of.
There are two types of notifications:
- In-App notifications - they pop up at the upper right corner of the account interface.
- Email notifications - users get notification emails on their Businessmap registration email address.
2. How to subscribe to get notifications?
Step 1: Click the Notifications icon at the upper right corner of your Account and select Settings.
Step 2: Select a board from the dropdown list for which you wish to receive notifications.
Step 3: Choose what you are notified about (Actions) and checkmark the boxes to adjust how you get notifications (In-App, Email, or both).
At the bottom of the Notification settings panel, users can:
(1) Personalize their board notifications. They may choose to:
- disable the notifications for their own actions.
- stop emails from mentions.
- only receive notifications for cards where the user is an owner, co-owner, contributor, or the reporter. (multiple choice)
- see inbox (in-app) notifications as desktop notifications, even when Businessmap is minimized.
(2) Set up global email notifications (applicable for all boards)
This setting allows users to receive email notifications in batches. You can define how often you want to receive emails so that you don't get distracted.
Open the dropdown and choose the intervals in which the notifications will be sent to your email:
once every hour, every 2 /4/ 6/ 8/12 hours, or once a day. Note that this setting is applicable to all boards.
Note: You can apply your current board’s notification settings to all boards you are assigned to using the ‘Save for all boards” button instead.
3. How to unsubscribe from getting notifications?
If you don't want to receive notifications, go to the Notification settings panel and uncheck the respective boxes. Don't forget to save your changes.
4. Why do I still receive notifications?
If you continue to receive notifications from Businessmap even though you have unsubscribed:
- Double-check if you have unsubscribed for all boards you are assigned to, as the notification settings are configured per board.
- Double-check if you are assigned as a watcher on a given work item. Watchers receive notifications even if they have unsubscribed from the notification settings panel.
- Check if there is an active Business Rule which is configured to send out a custom notification whenever certain events occur. To verify if this is the case, you can inspect the work item's history tab.