In Businessmap, you have the flexibility to customize both your card and initiative views and seamlessly switch between various zoom levels on your boards. This allows you to achieve either a more detailed, granular perspective or a broader, bird's-eye view of your workflows.
How to Use the Card Zoom Switch
The Card Zoom Switch is located in the bottom right corner of each board. It lets you toggle four different zoom levels of your board.
Just switch between the numbered levels on the slider to instantly activate one of the following card views:
- View 1 (Alt+Shift+1) — this is a zoomed-in view of your board where you can have a closer look at your cards and initiatives across workflows.
- View 2 (Alt+Shift+2) — this view level displays cards in normal size and initiatives in medium height. There are no built-in limitations to the card/initiative details you can display in the closed view.
- View 3 (Alt+Shift+3) — this is a more compact view that offers a zoomed-out perspective of your board. While all card view settings are available, most initiative view settings are not available to be displayed in the closed view.
- View 4 (Alt+Shift+4) — this is the most zoomed-out view level where most settings in the closed initiative view are not available (e.g. Attachments, Owner, Priority) to accommodate a bird's eye view of your board. It allows you to see a bigger portion of the board at a glance and get an idea of how stable your workflow is across stages. This view is particularly useful when you have many cards stuck in a certain column.
- Double-clicking on either of the views will open the card and initiative view settings for the selected zoom level.
- In View 3, you can only see an initiative's title and work progress percentage, as well as links. Child and parent links are displayed in compact view on one row, and successor and predecessor links* are shown in the upper right corner of the closed initiative view. For cards, you can see their title, owner, and predecessor/successor links* (if any).
- In View 4, you can only see an initiative's work progress percentage and links*. To see more details, including its title, you need to open the initiative. In this view, cards are only visualized as rectangles colored in the designated card color. If present, only successor/predecessor links will be visualized* in the closed card view.
* Predecessor/successor links will not be displayed for cards and initiatives that are moved to Done or Ready to archive.