Using colors is a quick way to make a card stand out on the board. It helps users to easily identify priority, type of work, or an owner as well as to group cards for further reporting using the color criteria.
1. How to color your card?
There are two ways to set up a card color:
- Set the color from the Card Details
Open the card and click on the Color field -> select one of the seven main colors in Businessmap or click on the color icon to expand the color palette with more than 90 colors -> select a color and click on "Update card" to save the changes.
- Set the color from the card context menu
Open the card Context menu -> click on Color to open the color palette -> select a color and click away to close the Context menu.
2. The card color setting
Users can configure their preferences for the cards' appearance. They can colorize cards partially (1) or entirely (2).
The partially colorized card is the default card appearance in the system.
In order to apply color to the entire card surface, go to the Board sidebar to the right of your board interface and select the Card/Board Settings. Then checkmark the "Color entire card surface" option to toggle between the partially colorized card and the entirely colorized card. Check out the following video to see the difference:
Note: This configuration is an individual preference. It is applied per user and not globally for all users in the account.
- Use card colors in combination with card templates or card types as a quick and easy way to create cards with predefined properties.
- Use the same color for the cards and the swimlanes in which they have been created.
- Use card colors as a priority indicator: warm colors for high/critical priority and cold colors for normal/low priority.
Learn more about how to use card colors for prioritizing tasks with Kanban.