1. Quick Filters on Boards
To start off our product releases in 2022, we’re bringing you quick filters on the Businessmap boards. This functionality required changes to the structure of the Board filter where you will now notice two areas:
- Quick Filters - save custom filters and then quickly apply them to your board.
- Advanced Filtering - choose between card and custom field filtering criteria.
To create a quick filter, all you have to do is click on “New quick filter”. This will allow you to select given criteria to build your filter (assignee, priority, etc.). Based on the information you want to display, you can join different properties using either “AND” or “OR” conditions from the top.
When saving the filter, the system will ask you to name it and then give you several additional options:
- Auto-expand populated columns/lanes - expands the board area(s) with filtered cards.
- Auto-collapse unpopulated column/lanes - collapses the board area(s) with the unfiltered cards.
- Make this a board-level filter - make the filter visible to everybody on the board (Note this is only accessible for workspace managers or users who have the NEW board permission to manage board filters).
- Share with specific users (deprecated) - Keep in mind this option will soon be removed. You can use the alternative board-level filter instead. For specific use-cases, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once saved, your filters will appear in the “Quick filters” field. There, you can quickly edit their settings or use the drag and drop function to reorder them. The system also allows you to select “AND”/” OR” conditions and join your quick filters with the advanced filtering properties.
To learn more about the quick filters, check out our dedicated article.
2. Visual Improvements in the Properties
As a result of the improvements in our Board filter, you will notice design changes across all of the system’s properties (search properties, business rules filters, etc.) once they are selected.
Here’s how the new design looks:
3. Block State in Business Rules
Moving on, inside the “link is updated” type business rules, we’re giving you a block state property that you can use as a copy action or predicate. This allows you to copy the block state of a given card into its link(s). Furthermore, it gives you the ability to trigger a “link is updated” rule whenever a parent/child/relative/successor/predecessor card’s block state changes.
It’s important to mention that whenever the block state “blocked” is transferred to a linked card, the given blocker (if it’s present on the board) and block reason (if there’s any) will also be copied.
4. New Operator for Tags
To give you more flexibility to trigger business rules (or refine search results) when a card contains multiple tags, we’re releasing a new “Contains all” operator in the system’s tag property. As the name suggests, you can use it whenever you need to filter on cards that have a specific set of several tags.
5. Comments in Exit Criteria
To help you input additional information to exit criteria (when necessary), we’re releasing the functionality to add comments there. When you hover over the exit criteria inside a card’s details, a comment icon will appear which opens a window where you can leave your comment.
Once you’re done, the system will automatically checkmark the specific exit criterion and the icon will remain highlighted. In case you uncheck the exit criterion, you will be notified that your comment will be lost when you save the card.
6. Other Improvements
As always, Businessmap 8.12 comes with a bunch of other improvements. Let’s take a look at them below.
- Add missing custom field values when moving cards between boards
So far, in case you wanted to move a card(s) from a board with one type of custom fields to a board where those fields are not always present (or have different settings/require a mandatory value), you couldn’t complete the action. To improve this behavior, we’re adding a special modal which will prompt you to input the custom field values that are required by the destination board.
- See all boards a team is assigned to
From now on, users with the “Manage Teams” privilege will be able to see as “read-only” all boards where a team is assigned to, even if they are not workspace managers anywhere (or managers of the specific workspace where the team is added to). As a result, team managers will know what boards they’re assigning users to as part of a team.
- Add “Watcher” from Businessmap for Sheets
Lastly, when creating cards/initiatives from Businessmap for sheets, you will now be able to assign to them a “watcher” by directly adding usernames in the respective column of your spreadsheet.
Happy Kanbanizing with version 8.12!