While version 9.0 is still hot, we’re releasing 9.1 to (hopefully) get you excited even more! These are just the highlights:
- Extremely flexible pivot reporting tool
- Beautiful facelift of the UI
- Microsoft Excel add-in
Let’s get started!
1. Enhance Your Worklog Reporting with Pivot Tables
The new worklog reports open the door to a full reporting facility in Kanbanize, which we aim to extend with many more reports in the near future. As a first step, to enhance your analysis of logged time, we’re releasing a very flexible pivot reporting tool. Now, you really can create any report you need!
1.1 Visualizing Pivot Tables
The Pivot table is accessible when you change the view of a report (from Board to Pivot view).
Note that the system adds different values to your tables based on the results you configure when generating a report.
With the pivot tables, you can visualize your data in the following modes:
- Table – the data from the report is displayed as a table.
- Tree – the data from a worklog report is displayed on a table with a tree-like (hierarchical) structure.
- Chart – in this mode, the system will display your data in the form of a diagram.
1.2 Configuring Pivot Tables
To change the default data set, you can use the “Configure Pivot Table” function. For the Table or Tree mode, the following options are available:
- Rows & Columns – configure the data in the pivot table’s rows and columns.
- Values – set the values you want to analyze. You can display them as a SUM, COUNT, MIN, MAX, AVERAGE, etc.
- Filters – apply a filter to analyze specific segments of your data.
- Table – highlight values based on certain criteria (ex. Max X highlights the maximum values on the x-axis, while Min Y – the minimum values on the y-axis). You can also turn on/off the “Footer” & “Total Column” to display the total values either vertically or horizontally.
Note: When using the chart mode, those options will be adjusted to reflect the visual data format.
To facilitate your reporting even more, you can export the pivot tables to PDF, EXCEL, CSV, or PNG.
And that’s not all! Learn more about the Pivot tables here.
2. Introducing the New Kanbanize UI Design
As Kanbanize takes its next evolutionary step, we’re also presenting to you our product’s new UI design! This gives the system a more polished appearance and it's much more pleasing to the eye.
You will notice many different visual improvements, which cover:
- Board sidebar icons
- Card links and other icons in a closed card view
- Card fields (ex. Links Hierarchy)
- Dropdown menus
- and many more...
One of the more significant visual changes applies to the Widgets panel, which will now have the following look:
3. Outcomes Improvements
To ensure you get the most value from our newly introduced goal-setting functionality (Measurable Outcomes), we’re releasing a couple of improvements there too.
3.1 Baseline in the Outcome Trend
First, the Outcome Trend will now include a baseline. This gives you a measurement against which to compare your actual progress, including different projections (until Deadline and/or Target value).
The baseline represents a linear projection from your starting to target value. It shows what your progress should be until your target value/deadline in case you moved at a linear pace.
3.2 Outcome Filters & Better Visualization
Second, we’ve improved the outcomes visualization in a closed initiative view. They’ll now be displayed one after another.
Furthermore, you will notice that each one of the outcomes has a filter on the right side. Applying it will show you all other initiatives/objectives having an outcome with the same custom field. This is useful if you want to see which initiatives on the board contribute to the same outcomes.
4. New Kanbanize Excel Add-In (BETA)
Finally, we’ve got some more exciting news for you.
In an official BETA, we’re releasing a new Excel add-in, which you can now test. Keep in mind that it’s still in development, so it’s not officially available in the Microsoft store (and therefore can only be tested with Excel on the web). Once the add-in is certified and published, you will be able to install it from the store on both web and desktop.
With the help of the new Excel add-in, you will be able to:
- Export data from your boards .
- Update board data directly from your Excel spreadsheets.
- Create/delete cards and initiatives from Excel.
- Extract saved reports in Kanbanize.
To learn more about the add-in and how to start testing it, please check out our dedicated article.
Happy Kanbanizing with version 9.1!